Nexus S Software Update
As with any update prior to starting please verify battery is fully charged or connected to a charger.
1. Connect the Nexus S to your computer using a USB cable. Click the
“turn on USB” on the phone to ‘mount’ the USB storage.
2. Download and save the file to the removable storage on the phone
(Removable Disk E).
3. Once the file is copied to the device; ‘un-mount’ the USB storage on the phone
then disconnect it from the computer.
4. Power the device OFF.
5. Wait 30 seconds and power the phone back ON by holding “Volume Up” and
“Power” both simultaneously.
6. Use the volume keys to scroll down and highlight “recovery” then select by
pressing the power button to select it.
7. The phone will display an Android with an exclamation point inside of a triangle.
8. Hold the Power button and press “Volume up” simultaneously.
9. Use the volume keys to highlight “apply update from /sdcard” then press power
button to select it.
10. Use volume keys to highlight “Update.zip” and press power button to select it
11. The update should start. You will see a yellow status bar and the update
process in text.
12. When prompted use volume keys to highlight “reboot system now” and press
power button to select it.
13. The system will reboot and the update will be installed.
*If desired you can then remove the Update.zip file from the SD storage.
<< Back to Questions & Answers