iWireless Expands 4G LTE Network in Iowa
URBANDALE, IA – September 6, 2016 – iWireless announced today that its 4G LTE network reaches more than two-thirds of Iowa’s population.
Since the launch of the network in November 2015, iWireless has built more than 400 4G LTE towers in Iowa. Most recently, iWireless launched 4G LTE service in the Dubuque, Iowa area.
iWireless has also partnered with T-Mobile to offer nationwide 4G LTE roaming to its customers. iWireless is the only regional carrier in Iowa to offer unlimited nationwide 4G LTE roaming.
“It’s a huge accomplishment for our team to launch 400 towers in nine months. I’m proud of the work we’ve done to create Iowa’s fastest network, and I look forward to expanding our 4G LTE footprint in the first part of 2017,” said Craven Shumaker, President and CEO of iWireless.
4G LTE service is now available in these areas and key highway corridors:
- Cedar Rapids area including Marion, Lisbon, Hiawatha, Robins, Palo, Atkins, Mount Vernon, Belle Plaine, Fairfax
- Iowa City area including Coralville
- Clinton area including Camanche, Dewitt, Maquoketa, Bellevue, St. Donatus, LaMotte
- Des Moines area including Ames, Ankeny, Johnston, Urbandale, Clive, Waukee, West Des Moines, Altoona, Norwalk, Grimes, Saylorville and Windsor Heights
- Marshalltown area including Tama and Toledo
- Dubuque area
- Mason City area including Lake Mills, Clear Lake, Charles City, Forest City
- Pella area including Knoxville, Oskaloosa
- Waterloo/Cedar Falls area including Urbana, Center Point, Evansdale, Waverly
- Quad Cities area including Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island, Silvis, Muscatine, Eldridge, Coal Valley, Le Claire, Wilton, Park View, Fulton
With 4G LTE, iWireless customers will experience improved data capacity, quality and speed. Visit our website (http://www.iwireless.com/support/coverage.aspx) for more information about current and future 4G LTE coverage.
iWireless is investing more than $35 million to enhance its wireless network in Iowa and will continue to expand its 4G LTE network in 2017.
Key points about the iWireless LTE network build-out:
- LTE is a wireless broadband technology that enables high speed data access through mobile devices. LTE provides faster connections, increased data speeds and greater capacity.
- Through a partnership with T-Mobile, iWireless customers will enjoy the benefits of an advanced nationwide LTE network.
- iWireless has launched more than 400 4G LTE sites since November 2015, with 40 more sites planned for 2016. Expansion will continue into western Iowa in early 2017.
- The iWireless 4G LTE footprint covers a population of more than 2,000,000. iWireless’ national footprint with T-Mobile covers 311 million pops in the United States.
iWireless is a leading regional wireless communications provider serving Iowa, western Illinois, and eastern Nebraska. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Urbandale, iWireless is owned by T-Mobile USA and Iowa Network Services (a consortium of Iowa Independent Telecommunications Companies). iWireless has over 250 full service company stores and authorized dealers and offers customers access to the world’s largest and fastest wireless voice and data network. For more information on iWireless, visit www.iwireless.com.