iWireless Launches 4G LTE Network in Iowa and Announces Nationwide 4G LTE Roaming with T-Mobile
URBANDALE, IA – iWireless announced today that it has completed phase one of its 4G LTE network, the fastest most advanced 4G LTE network available, in major and secondary markets in Iowa.
iWireless has also partnered with T-Mobile to offer nationwide 4G LTE roaming to its customers. iWireless is the only regional carrier in Iowa to offer unlimited nationwide 4G LTE roaming.
“I am proud of our team at iWireless in completing this important milestone. iWireless is bringing the latest technology to Iowa with our partnership with Nokia,” said Craven Shumaker, President and CEO of iWireless. “Our customers will now experience an extremely fast data network in Iowa with access to 4G LTE nationwide through iWireless’ roaming partnership with T-Mobile. We are excited to bring the fastest LTE network to Iowans.”
4G LTE service is now available in these areas and key highway corridors:
- Des Moines area including Ankeny, Johnston, Urbandale, Clive, Waukee, West Des Moines, Altoona, Norwalk
- Iowa City area including Coralville and Iowa City
- Cedar Rapids area including Marion, Lisbon, Hiawatha, Robins, Palo, Atkins
- Waterloo/Cedar Falls area including Jesup, Urbana, Center Point, Evansdale
- Quad Cities area including Davenport, Bettendorf, Moline, Rock Island, Muscatine
- Clinton area including Camanche, Dewitt, Maquoketa, Bellevue, St. Donatus, LaMotte
- Marshalltown area including Tama and Toledo
- I-80 between Iowa City and the Quad Cities
- I-380 between Waterloo and Iowa City
With 4G LTE, iWireless customers will experience improved data capacity, quality and speed. Visit our website for more information about current and future 4G LTE coverage.
iWireless is investing more than $35 million to enhance its wireless network in Iowa and will continue to expand its 4G LTE network in 2016.
Key points about the iWireless LTE network build-out:
- LTE is a wireless broadband technology that enables high speed data access through mobile devices. LTE provides faster connections, increased data speeds and greater capacity.
- Through a partnership with T-Mobile, iWireless customers will enjoy the benefits of an advanced nationwide LTE network.
- iWireless has launched nearly 300 4G LTE sites in Phase One of its build-out with an additional 100 sites set to launch in 2016.
- The iWireless 4G LTE footprint will cover a population of 2,000,000. iWireless’ national footprint with T-Mobile will cover over 303 million pops in the United States.
iWireless is a leading regional wireless communications provider serving Iowa, western Illinois, and eastern Nebraska. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Urbandale, iWireless is owned by T-Mobile USA and Iowa Network Services (a consortium of Iowa Independent Telecommunications Companies). iWireless has over 250 full service company stores and authorized dealers and offers customers access to the world’s largest and fastest wireless voice and data network. For more information on iWireless, visit www.iwireless.com. With questions, contact Samara Thoreson at (515) 258-7519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.